GEOGRAPHYBack to Subjects Menu
The intent of the Geography curriculum is for our students to have a deep understanding of their local environment and the diverse surroundings in the wider world, with appreciation of human and physical characteristics.
We will deliver a curriculum that:
· Inspires a curiosity and fascination about the world and it’s people
· Equips students with an understanding of diverse places, people, resources, and environments around them
· Allows students to build on prior learning about physical and human processes and the formation and use of landscapes and environments
· To enable students to understand the impact they have on the environment and the world
· Develops an understanding that the Earth’s features are interconnected and change over time
· Encourages exploration of their own environment and challenges students to make connections between their local surroundings and that of contrasting settlements
· Use local area and community to develop geographical skills and knowledge
· To use their geographical skills and knowledge to explore and protect their world.
· To be able to debate key political issues that impact the world they live in whilst becoming responsible citizens.
Our curriculum will ensure all geographers will have an appreciation for the world they live in and a deeper understanding of how their actions can have an impact on the people and places around them. Students will have a drive and passion for finding out about the world and its people, as well as having a keen interest and inspiration to travel, in order to deepen their knowledge and understanding. Indeed, we enrich our curriculum through a range of field trips and other extracurricular activities, that all contribute to students developing strong independent learning skills, both within and outside of the classroom, and becoming critical and analytical learners. We foster enthusiasm for our discipline and subsequently prepare our students for further education and potentially careers in related fields.